It’s back! For the third year in a row, Forecast and our brothers in arms at King Snow have teamed up with K2 Skis, Ride Snowboards, Oakley and Showcase to proudly present the Best Clip Contest during the World Ski & Snowboard Festival in Whistler, B.C.
FULL CONTEST DETAILS
Want to win a quick $750? Between Monday, April 2nd - Monday, April 9th, grab a friend and film your best ski or snowboard trick(s). Max 10 seconds, hit as many features as you want within the 10 seconds—bails welcome! The clip must be one consecutive shot (no cuts/edits), but you can submit up to two of them. Use your phone or whatever you have to capture the magic, providing it shoots 1080p. Standout submissions will be edited together and played on the big screens at this year’s Intersection on Friday, April 13th during the World Ski & Snowboard Festival. One rider will be chosen as Best Clip based on the judges’ overall impression and take home $500 cash and a $250 gift card to Showcase.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
1) Register at Showcase beginning at 2 p.m. on Monday, April 2nd through Monday, April 9th between 10 a.m - 9 p.m. On Saturday, April 7th & Sunday, April 8th you can also register at the top of the Terrain Park on either Whistler or Blackcomb Mountain between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
2) Sign a waiver.
3) Pick up your distinctive band (must be visible in the clip).
4) Submit your max 10 second clip before 11 p.m. on Monday, April 9th to firstname.lastname@example.org by using any file transfer site such as WeTransfer (details to include in the transfer message: Full Rider Name / Phone Number / Email Address / Instagram Handle).
5) The standout clips will be edited together and shown in front of an audience of 1,500 people during Intersection at the Whistler Conference Centre, where one rider will be chosen as this year’s Best Clip.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
Once the contest is over, the audience will have their say starting Monday, April 16th by following @forecastski and @kingsnowmag and and liking the top clips to determine who wins the People’s Choice Award. The clip that receive the most likes before 11 p.m. on Wednesday, April 18th will win. The People’s Choice skier will score a pair of 2018/2019 K2 Marksman Skis plus a pair of Oakley Fall Line Goggles and Crossrange Sunglasses, while the People’s Choice snowboarder will receive a 2018/2019 Ride Helix Snowboard plus a pair of Oakley Fall Line Goggles and Frogskin Sunglasses.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS
* Note that your tricks can be filmed anywhere on snow, and that registration is mandatory to compete. Clips must be submitted no later than 11 p.m. on Monday, April 9th, and must be filmed horizontally at 1080p x 1920p.
For more information the World Ski & Snowboard Festival and the Best Clip Contest, visit wssf.com.