For the second year in a row, Forecast and King Snow are fired up to partner with the World Ski & Snowboard Festival in Whistler, B.C. on the Best Clip Contest. Here's the scoop...
HOW TO ENTER
Grab a friend and film your best ski or snowboard trick(s) on Whistler or Blackcomb (max six seconds, bails welcome) from today (April 7th) until Monday (April 10th). The clip must be one consecutive shot (no cuts/edits), but you can submit up to two of them. Use your phone or whatever you have have to capture the magic, providing it shoots 1080p. Standout submissions will be edited together and played on the big screens at this year’s Intersection on Friday, April 14th during the World Ski & Snowboard Festival. One skier or snowboarder will be chosen as Best Clip based on the judges’ overall impression, and take home $500 cash!
1) Register at the top of the Terrain Park on either Whistler or Blackcomb Mountain from today (April 7th) through Monday (April 10th) between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
2) Sign a waiver.
3) Pick up your distinctive band (must be visible in the clip) .
4) Submit your max six second clip that evening to watermarkwhistler.wetransfer.com (Details to include in WeTransfer message: Full Rider & Filmer Names / Phone Number / Email Address / Instagram Handle).
5) The standout clips will then be edited together and shown in front of an audience of 1,500 people during Intersection at the Whistler Conference Centre, where one skier or snowboarder will be chosen as this year’s Best Clip.
* Note that your tricks can be filmed anywhere on snow, and that registration is mandatory to compete. Clips must be submitted no later than 11 p.m. on Monday, April 10th, and must be filmed horizontally at 1080p x 1920p.
PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD
The audience will also have their say after the event on April 14th by following @kingsnowmag and @forecastski on Instagram and liking the top clips to determine the People’s Choice Award. The clip that receives the most likes before 11 p.m. on Monday, April 17th will win. The People's Choice skier will score a pair of K2 Poacher skis and a pair of Oakley Flight Deck goggles and Latch sunglasses, while the People's Choice snowboarder will take home a K2 Ultra Dream snowboard and Oakley Flight Deck goggles and Latch sunglasses.
For more information on the Best Clip Contest, click here, and on behalf of everyone at the World Ski & Snowboard Festival, K2, Oakley, King Snow and Forecast, good luck, and we look forward to seeing you (and your entries) at this year's WSSF!