In case you've been hiding on a beach somewhere with zero connectivity to the outside world, Whistler Blackcomb is having one of their best winters in years. To top it off, the consistently-ranked #1 ski resort in North America recently surpassed their average annual snowfall, which has prompted them to keep their lifts spinning until May 30th.
Read the full press release from Whistler Blackcomb for more info, and happy spring shredding...
Skiing and Snowboarding Will Continue on Blackcomb Mountain Through to May 30
WHISTLER, BC March 21, 2016 – After officially surpassing its average annual snowfall of 1,163cm (458in), Whistler Blackcomb has decided to extend its ski season by an additional week, pushing the closing date of Blackcomb Mountain to May 30, 2016. Whistler Blackcomb has received 1,177cm (463in) of snow so far this winter, and with a current snow base of 339cm (133in), Whistler Blackcomb is primed to deliver excellent conditions for skiing and riding through the spring. Whistler Mountain’s last day of winter operations will remain April 17.
“We couldn’t be happier with how the season has unfolded,” says Doug MacFarlane, Director of Mountain Operations at Whistler Blackcomb. “We have received consistent consecutive storm cycles combined with low temperatures, creating great conditions for skiing and snowboarding. So far in March alone we have seen 292cm or 115 inches of snow, which is well above the March average of 241cm (95in). We are thrilled the conditions have allowed us to offer our guests an additional seven days of great spring skiing and snowboarding.”
Whistler Blackcomb Snow Statistics:
• 1177cm/463in total snowfall this season.
• 292cm/115in snow so far in the month of March 2016.
• Whistler Blackcomb’s 10 year annual average snowfall is 1,163cm (458in).
• Whistler Blackcomb has one of the longest ski/snowboard seasons in North America, with operations on Blackcomb Mountain now continuing through to May 30.
• Whistler Blackcomb boasts some of the best spring skiing in the world.
• The event line-up at Whistler Blackcomb continues all season long with the World Ski & Snowboard Festival taking place April 8-17, 2016.
A comprehensive weather and snow report can be found at whistlerblackcomb.com/mountain-info/snow-report.
Guests looking to plan a trip to the consistently rated No. 1 Mountain Resort in North America can visit whistlerblackcomb.com/purchase/deals-packages or call 1-888-403-4727.